Wednesday, May 4, 2011

hotel yang!

I'm encouraging my friends to visit me while I'm in this nice vacation home in Florida. I have so many towels and bedding. Last weekend, I tried to go to the shuttle launch, but it got delayed again. But it was ok because it lured Jenny Hu to Florida along with other interesting people that I got to meet.

Jenny Hu looking stylish. We even went shopping and she bought a dress! I forgot to take pictures, though. Oh well. I'm sure there will be evidence presently.


A sea turtle in a "hospital tank" at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center. It is a turtle rescue center and museum. It has an upbeat atmosphere, but actually many exhibits made me sad, especially as a proponent of environmental sustainability. It made me feel like we still have so much to do. Reducing human impacts on other species and habitats requires so much cooperation from people. Around West Palm Beach, so many condos and strip malls are named Loggerhead this Loggerhead that, and yet they are still endangered. It is frustrating that other people don't seem embarrassed about this or feel the irony. I am going to try to go volunteer sometimes to meet new people and learn more about Florida's environmental management.


Hu is in my living room

No comments: